Revolutionize your care with these three crucial steps
Poor posture can be the catalyst for pain throughout the body. For the most effective adjustments and care, identify and address poor posture where it begins: dysfunctional feet. Stabilizing the body from its foundation with Foot Levelers custom orthotics is the key to optimal posture and balance. This helps adjustments hold better and supports healthy gait patterns, weight distribution and function of the Kinetic Chain, to help reduce pain, increase mobility and improve overall health. Make custom stabilization part of every patient’s treatment plan, starting with the three steps below.
1. Educate your patients about the three arches
It’s a common misconception that the foot has just one arch rather than three. Help patients make the foot-spine connection and understand the importance of supporting all three arches of the plantar vault through these steps:
- Discuss foot function’s role in healthy balance and weight-bearing movement
- Explain how Foot Levelers are the only orthotics that support all three arches and why it’s important, sharing the plantar vault images on our Arch Support page.
- Share our patient flyer about how each of the arches supports a separate muscle group. Point out how proper alignment supports optimal muscle function for better mobility and athletic performance.
- Scan their feet or do a navicular drop test to assess the function of their arches
- Perform a proprioceptive muscle test using test orthotics. Watch a demonstration by esteemed chiropractor Dr. Brian Jensen:
2. Prescribe Foot Levelers custom orthotics for all their activities
- Remind patients that support is necessary all the time, not just during strenuous activities like sports
- Suggest custom orthotics matched to their lifestyle with Custom Orthotic Combinations
- Stress multiple pairs for work, sports, and leisure
3. Make proper posture part of your rehab treatment
- Tell patients who are recovering from injuries how balancing the body supports faster and more effective healing
- Demonstrate the proper posture for rehab and strength-building exercises-visit our Rehab Website for additional tips
- Reinforce the importance of wearing custom orthotics during rehab exercises
Additional Doctor Tip: May is National Posture Awareness Month. It’s a great time for patient conversations about how posture affects well-being, just like proper diet, exercise, and sleep. Talk with them about the impact role posture has on total body function, and how you can help them achieve healthy balance and alignment through your care. This holistic approach reinforces your role as their dedicated partner in proactive wellness.
When you prescribe Foot Levelers you’re giving your patients the very best custom support, trusted by doctors for over 70 years. They’re the only orthotics backed by proven science and proven to reduce Low Back Pain (LBP) by 34.5%.1 Explore the groundbreaking study.
1 Cambron JA, Dexheimer JM, Duarte M, Freels S. Shoe Orthotics for the Treatment of Chronic Low Back Pain: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2017 Sep;98(9):1752-1762. doi: 10.1016/j.apmr.2017.03.028. Epub 2017 Apr 30. PMID: 28465224.
We want to help you provide the best treatment experience for every patient. How can we serve you today? Call 800.553.4860 to discover new ways we can support your practice.
Get Started offering custom orthotics to your patients: