Custom Orthotics and Chiropractic care Proven in New Research Study
- Chiropractic care plus orthotics reduce Low Back Pain – by 40.4 percent.
- Orthotics significantly reduce Low Back Pain – by 34.5 percent.
- Orthotics alone or in conjunction with Chiropractic care improves function – by 18.5 percent and 32.3 percent, respectively.
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) reports 80 percent of adults experience LBP at some point in their lifetime and it’s the single-leading cause of disability worldwide, with many taking prescription drugs for pain relief – which often leads to long-term drug abuse and addiction.
“The study unequivocally confirms what we have known for over 65 years: Custom orthotics are a powerful first-line treatment in the battle against LBP,” says Kent S. Greenawalt, CEO of Foot Levelers, the world’s leading provider of custom-made functional orthotics and other therapeutic products. “There is significant scientific evidence that explains the foot-spine connection, but the bottom line is that using [custom orthotics] to balance and support the feet — the foundation of the body — helps balance and support the spine. This study is another striking development in the case for evidence-based, conservative care of LBP, which in the face of America’s ongoing opioid crisis is more important news than ever.”
- Outcomes assessed at 12 weeks, and at three, six, and 12 months.
- Improvements in both pain and in function as measured on the Numeric Pain Rating Scale and functional health status (Oswestry) scale.
- 225 subjects with LBP were randomly assigned to one of three groups:
Wait-list: no treatment
Shoe Orthotic Group: treatment plan consisted of Foot Levelers custom orthotics only
Plus Group: treatment plan of Foot Levelers custom orthotics plus chiropractic care.
Manuel Duarte, DC, MSAc, DABCO, and DACBSP, Chair of Clinical Practice at National University, (City, State) and one of the study’s lead researchers, says. “LBP is one of the most common reasons cited for missed work and the NIH study confirms more than one quarter of adults reported LBP during the past three months. Most alarming is the link between LBP and the deadly opioid epidemic, a challenge that is effectively addressed when Foot Levelers custom orthotics and drug-free chiropractic care are the first-line approach for LBP pain management.”