Relieve Lower Back Pain with Orthotics and Chiropractic
Low back pain is the most common condition leading to disability among working men and women under the age of forty-five.1 It is a global epidemic, and a major factor in the ongoing opioid crisis—but Foot Levelers and Chiropractic can help.
Causes and Effects
The feet are the foundation of the body; they support its entire weight. If there isn’t enough support from the feet, various parts of the body—particularly the spine—are exposed to additional stress, which can lead to a number of issues:
- Back, hip, knee and foot pain
- Poor posture and abnormal foot function
- Excessive shock transmission up through the body
- Impaired sports performance
- Greater risk of injury
An abnormal “gait,” or walk, contributes to imbalances throughout your lower extremities, which include the knees, ankles and feet, and can eventually cause pain throughout the body, most notably the Low Back.
Download our "Low Back Pain" Infographic
Enter your first name and email address to receive the "Phases of Pronation" infographic to your inbox.
One of the best treatments available is Chiropractic adjustments, rehab and custom orthotics. Once your doctor corrects your spine, custom orthotics will help balance your feet and support good posture. This combination of adjustments and custom orthotics has been proven time and again to reduce stress throughout the body and restore proper function to the lower extremities. It will keep you pain-free for longer periods of time, improve your body’s foundation and keep the Kinetic Chain aligned: the ankle, knees, pelvis and spine.
- Cunningham LS, Kelsey JL. “Epidemiology of Musculoskeletal Impairments and Associated Disability.” Am J Public Health 1983; 73:389-395.
- Andersson GBJ. “The Epidemiology of Spinal Disorders.” In Frymoyer JW, ed., The Adult Spine: Principles and Practice. New York: Raven Press, Ltd. 1991:107-146.
- Lower back pain infographic